Professor Sing Kiong Nguang
BE (Hon I), PhD
Sing Kiong Nguang received his BE (with first class honours) and PhD degree from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Newcastle, Australia, in 1992 and 1995, respectively.
He has published 6 books and over 300 refereed journal and conference papers on nonlinear control design, nonlinear control systems, nonlinear time-delay systems, nonlinear sampled-data systems, biomedical systems modelling, fuzzy modelling and control, biological systems modelling and control, and food and bioproduct processing. He has served on the editorial board of a number of international journals.
He is the Chief-Editor of the International Journal of Sensors, Wireless Communications and Control.
BE (Hon I), Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Newcastle, 1992
PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Newcastle, 1995
Research | Current
- Polynomial Control Systems
- Networked Control Systems
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Renewable Energy
- Synthetic Biology
Systems and Control Group
Teaching | Current
- ELECTENG 303 - Systems and Control
- ELECTENG 722 - Control Systems
- ELECTENG 704 - Advanced Control Systems
- Senior member IEEE
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Sun, W., Zeng, Z., Luo, C., & Nguang, S.-K. (2018). Robust L-2-gain codesign of networked control systems. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ROBUST AND NONLINEAR CONTROL, 28 (16), 4681-4695. 10.1002/rnc.4279
- Song, L., Nguang, S. K., & Huang, D. (2018). Hierarchical Stability Conditions for a Class of Generalized Neural Networks With Multiple Discrete and Distributed Delays. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems10.1109/TNNLS.2018.2853658
- Zhang, D., Nguang, S. K., Srinivasan, D., & Yu, L. (2018). Distributed filtering for discrete-time T-S fuzzy systems with incomplete measurements. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 26 (3), 1459-1471. 10.1109/TFUZZ.2017.2725228
- Wen, J., Nguang, S. K., & Zhao, X. (2018). Collaborative distributed design for wireless control systems with Markovian-type control network and distributed network-induced time delays. International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control10.1002/rnc.4325
- Shen, M., Nguang, S. K., Ahn, C. K., & Wang, Q.-G. (2018). Robust H2 Control of Linear Systems with Mismatched Quantization. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 1-1. 10.1109/TAC.2018.2856899
- Feng, Q., & Nguang, S. K. (2018). Dissipative delay range analysis of coupled differential-difference delay systems with distributed delays. Systems & Control Letters, 116, 56-65.
- Nasiri, A., Nguang, S. K., Swain, A. K., & Almakhles, D. J. (2018). Reducing Conservatism in an H∞ Robust State-Feedback Control Design of T-S Fuzzy Systems: A Nonmonotonic Approach. IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Systems, 26, 386-390.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Akshya Swain
- Shen, M., Nguang, S. K., & Ahn, C. K. (2018). Quantized H∞ Output Control of Linear Markov Jump Systems in Finite Frequency Domain. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, 1-11. 10.1109/TSMC.2018.2798159