Dr Filicia Wicaksana
Dr Filicia Wicaksana completed an MSc and DIC from Imperial College London. She obtained her PhD from the University of New South Wales, Australia. Before joining the University of Auckland, she was a Senior Research Fellow in Singapore Membrane Technology Centre, Nanyang Technological University.
Her current research interests include membrane processes for water and wastewater treatment (microfiltration, ultrafiltration), membrane fouling (fouling studies, fouling control strategies, fouling sensors), techniques for observation of particle deposition and hydrodynamics in membrane filtration systems, membrane processes for desalination and food processing (ultrafiltration, forward osmosis and membrane distillation).
Research | Current
- Membrane processes for various applications (water and wastewater treatment, desalination, food processing).
- Membrane fouling studies and fouling control strategies.
- Sensors for detection of membrane fouling and clogging.
Teaching | Current
- CHEMMAT 211 - Introduction to Process Engineering
- CHEMMAT 212 - Energy and Processing
- CHEMMAT 757 - Engineering Biotechnology
Areas of expertise
Member - Membrane Society of Australasia.
Member - European Membrane Society.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Arkhangelsky, E., Wicaksana, F., Al-Rabiah, A. A., Al-Zahrani, S. M., & Wang, R. (2016). Understanding the interaction between biomacromolecules and their influence on forward osmosis process. Desalination, 385, 12-23. 10.1016/j.desal.2016.02.006
- Warkiani, M. E., Wicaksana, F., Gong, H.-Q., & Fane, A. G. (2015). Investigation of membrane fouling at the micro-scale using isopore filters. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 19 (2), 307-315. 10.1007/s10404-014-1538-0
- Akhondi, E., Wicaksana, F., Krantz, W. B., & Fane, A. G. (2014). Evapoporometry determination of pore-size distribution and pore fouling of hollow fiber membranes. Journal of Membrane Science, 470, 334-345. 10.1016/j.memsci.2014.07.042
- Zamani, F., Wicaksana, F., Taheri, A. H., Law, A. W. K., Fane, A. G., & Krantz, W. B. (2014). Generalized criterion for the onset of particle deposition in crossflow microfiltration via DOTM -- modeling and experimental validation. Journal of Membrane Science, 457, 128-138. 10.1016/j.memsci.2014.01.002
- Akhondi, E., Wicaksana, F., Krantz, W. B., & Fane, A. G. (2014). Influence of dissolved air on the effectiveness of cyclic backwashing in submerged membrane systems. Journal of Membrane Science, 456, 77-84. 10.1016/j.memsci.2013.12.053
- Akhondi, E., Wicaksana, F., & Fane, A. G. (2014). Evaluation of fouling deposition, fouling reversibility and energy consumption of submerged hollow fiber membrane systems with periodic backwash. Journal of Membrane Science, 452, 319-331. 10.1016/j.memsci.2013.10.031
- Li, X., Wang, R., Wicaksana, F., Zhao, Y., Tang, C., Torres, J., & Fane, A. G. (2013). Fusion behaviour of aquaporin Z incorporated proteoliposomes investigated by quartz crystal microbalance with dissipation (QCM-D). Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 111, 446-452. 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2013.06.008
- Arkhangelsky, E., Wicaksana, F., Chou, S., Al-Rabiah, A. A., Al-Zahrani, S. M., & Wang, R. (2012). Effects of scaling and cleaning on the performance of forward osmosis hollow fiber membranes. Journal of Membrane Science, 415-416, 101-108. 10.1016/j.memsci.2012.04.041