Dr Adrian Edward Croucher
PhD (Engineering Science), MSc (Environmental Science), BSc (Mathematics and Physics)
Adrian graduated with a BSc in maths/ physics (1990), an MSc in Environmental Science (1993) and a PhD in Engineering Science (1999), all at the University of Auckland. Following overseas travel he began work as a research fellow in the Department of Engineering Science in 1999.
Research | Current
- Rivers, estuaries and coastal environments - hydrodynamic and contaminant transport modelling
- Rivers, estuaries and coastal environments - simulation of egg/ larvae dispersal
- Geothermal reservoir modelling
Main developer of the PyTOUGH Python scripting library for TOUGH2 simulations
Areas of expertise
- Computer simulation of geothermal reservoirs
- Computer simulation of marine environments (hydrodynamics, particle tracking, contaminant modelling)
- Scientific and engineering software development
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Croucher, A. E. (2015). Recent developments in the PyTOUGH scripting library for TOUGH2 simulations. Proceedings 37th New Zealand Geothermal Workshop Taupo, New Zealand: The University of Auckland. Related URL.
- O'Sullivan JP, Kipyego, E., Croucher, A. E., Ofwona, C., & O'Sullivan MJ (2015). A supercritical model of the Menengai geothermal system. In R. Horne, T. Boyd (Eds.) Proceedings World Geothermal Congress 2015 Melbourne, Australia: International Geothermal Association. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Michael OSullivan, John OSullivan
- Burnell, J., O'Sullivan MJ, O'Sullivan JP, Kissling, W., Croucher, A. E., Pogacnik, J., ... Climo, M. (2015). Geothermal supermodels: The next generation of integrated geophysical, chemical and flow simulation modelling tools. In R. N. Horne, T. Boyd (Eds.) Proceedings World Geothermal Congress 2015 Melbourne, Australia: International Geothermal Association. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Michael OSullivan, John OSullivan, Sadiq Zarrouk
- Le Port, A., Montgomery, J. C., & Croucher, A. E. (2014). Biophysical modelling of snapper Pagrus auratus larval dispersal from a temperate MPA. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 515, 203-215. 10.3354/meps10973
Other University of Auckland co-authors: John Montgomery
- O'Sullivan JP, Croucher, A., Yeh, A., & O'Sullivan MJ (2014). Further Improvements in the Convergence of TOUGH2 Simulations. Paper presented at 6th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics, Barcelona, Spain. 20 July - 25 July 2014. 11th World Congress on Computational Mechanics - WCCM XI 5th European Congress on Computational Mechanics - ECCM V 6th European Congress on Computational Fluid Dynamics - ECFD VI. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: John OSullivan, Michael OSullivan, Angus Yeh
- Wellmann, J. F., Finsterle, S., & Croucher, A. E. (2014). Integrating structural geological data into the inverse modelling framework of iTOUGH2. Computers and Geosciences, 65, 95-109. 10.1016/j.cageo.2013.10.014
- O'Sullivan JP, Archer, R., Clearwater, E., Croucher, A., Koros, W., Newson, J., ... O'Sullivan MJ (2014). Using Reservoir Models for Strategic Decision-Making. Proceedings 5th African Rift Geothermal Conference Arusha, Tanzania. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: John OSullivan, Rosalind Archer, Wesley Koros, Thomas Ratouis, Angus Yeh, Michael OSullivan
- O'Sullivan JP, Croucher, A. E., Yeh, A., & O'Sullivan MJ (2013). Improved convergence for air-water and CO2-water TOUGH2 simulations. 35th New Zealand Geothermal Workshop Rotorua, New Zealand. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: John OSullivan, Angus Yeh, Michael OSullivan