The Faculty of Engineering Postgraduate Buddy Programme
If you are a postgraduate Engineering student, the Postgraduate (PG) Buddy Programme is for you! Whether you are doing coursework studies, research, or just on temporary exchange programmes, you will find peers here.
New students – get a Buddy:
Whether you are new to New Zealand, Auckland, the University, or just postgraduate study, the tips, guidance, and experience shared by our senior student volunteers will make life a lot easier and add value to your experience here.
- To sign up for a Buddy, please register via the online form.
- You are also welcome to join the Buddy Programme’s Facebook Group, where you can start asking questions and making friends.
Current students – volunteer as a Buddy:
Becoming a Buddy helps you expand your network and gives you an opportunity to share your experience and tips to help others. Sign up now to join us and meet other Buddies!
Who we are and what we do
The Engineering PG Buddy Programme is a volunteer network of existing and new postgraduate engineering students in all programmes.
- Buddies are workplace friends who are already in the system that can guide you through your journey here. Buddies also help each other.
- “I have been there, I want to help” – Our Buddy team comprise of current student volunteers from a wide range of Engineering postgraduate coursework and research programmes and cultural backgrounds. They know what it was like when one enters a new system, they have learned useful tips and experience, and they want to share it with the new students to help them find their way easier.
- It is easy – when a new student applies for a Buddy, we will match him/her with a Buddy based on background and programme similarity, and connect them via email to allow the new student to ask questions and the Buddy to provide tips and experience. This relationship continues through the whole semester. Communication can be flexible, either via email, other online interfaces, or face to face meetup (arranged between the student and the Buddy).
Feedback from previous new students: